food interaction for WOXACIN OZ
alcohol interaction for WOXACIN OZ
pregnancy interaction for WOXACIN OZ
lactation interaction for WOXACIN OZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR WOXACIN OZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR WOXACIN OZ
- O2 200MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 10/tabletRs. 100pay 66% more per tablet
- ZENFLOX-OZ TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 7.70/tabletRs. 46.20pay 28% more per tablet
- ORNOF 200 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.95/tabletRs. 99.50pay 65% more per tablet
- OFLOX OZ 200 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 11.30/tabletRs. 113pay 87% more per tablet
- ZANOCIN OZ 200 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.08/tabletRs. 110.80pay 84% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR WOXACIN OZ
- Avoid taking milk or dairy products, or taking antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking ofloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the ofloxacin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ofloxacin or any of the other ingredients of ofloxacin tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking ofloxacin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits (epilepsy), inflammation of the bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones (tendinitis), myasthenia gravis and kidney problems.
- Drink adequate fluid to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- Avoid excessive exposure to light to prevent photosensitivity.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ofloxacin tablet because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR WOXACIN OZ
Q. What is Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400 used for?
Ofloxacin (also available as Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400) and are used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is ofloxacin/ Zenflox/ Zanocin OZ an antibiotic?
Yes. It belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics
Q. Is ofloxacin penicillin based/ Steroid/ fluoroquinolone/sulfa?
No. Ofloxacin is fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is not a steroid and does not contain sulfa. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin?
There is no known interaction and it is safe to take these drugs with ofloxacin. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections?
Ofloxacin is used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia
Q. Does ofloxacin affect birth control?
It does not affect birth control
Q. Is ofloxacin safe for dogs/ cats?
Yes it is safe to be used in pets.However, the dose vary. You need to consult a veterinary doctor
Q. Is ofloxacin the same as Ciprodex?
No. Ofloxacin and Ciprodex are different drugs as Ciprodex contain ciprofloxacin.
Q. Is Ornidazole an antibiotic?
Ornidazole is an antibiotic
Q. What is it used for?
It cures infections (caused by bacteria or protozoa) of intestine, urinary tract, genital tract and other body parts
Q. Is ornidazole same as metronidazole?
Ornidazole and metronidazole are two different drugs belonging to the same class and are used for the same type of diseases
Q. Is ornidazole carcinogenic?
There are no reports suggesting the potential of ornidazole to cause cancer.