food interaction for WALAMYCIN
alcohol interaction for WALAMYCIN
pregnancy interaction for WALAMYCIN
lactation interaction for WALAMYCIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for WALAMYCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for WALAMYCIN
- WALAMYCIN 12.5 MG SUSPENSION(60 ML suspension in bottle)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.08/ML of suspensionRs. 65save 2% more per ML of suspension
- COLISTOP 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Indi PharmaRs. 1.24/ML of suspensionRs. 37.30pay 13% more per ML of suspension
- IYSTIN DS 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Thrift PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.58/ML of suspensionRs. 47.40pay 44% more per ML of suspension
- DILOZOL C 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Simpson Brawn PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.18/ML of suspensionRs. 35.52pay 8% more per ML of suspension
- IYSTIN 12.5MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Thrift PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.18/ML of suspensionRs. 35.55pay 8% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for WALAMYCIN
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for WALAMYCIN
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.