food interaction for VORITROL
alcohol interaction for VORITROL
pregnancy interaction for VORITROL
lactation interaction for VORITROL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VORITROL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VORITROL
- VORIER 200MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 2561.81/ML of injectionRs. 2561.81pay 1313% more per ML of injection
- VORITEK 200MG INJECTION(30 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 96.80/ML of injectionRs. 2904save 47% more per ML of injection
- VORAZE 200 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2654/ML of injectionRs. 2654pay 1364% more per ML of injection
- VOSICAZ 200MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 250.23/ML of injectionRs. 2502.30pay 38% more per ML of injection
- VORIZOL 200 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 1157.14/ML of injectionRs. 2314.28pay 538% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for VORITROL
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Frequently asked questions for VORITROL
Q.Is voriconazole an antibiotic?
No, voriconazole is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Q.Is voriconazole fungicidal?
Yes, voriconazole is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Q.Is voriconazole generic?
Yes, voriconazole is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Q.Is voriconazole nephrotoxic?
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of voriconazole
Q.Does voriconazole cause hair loss?
Hair loss is a common side effect of voriconazole therapy
Q.Does voriconazole cause dry mouth or make you tired?
Voriconazole is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Q.Is voriconazole safe?
Voriconazole is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is voriconazole used for?
Voriconazole is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voriconazole is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voriconazole is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Q.Is voriconazole dialyzable?
Yes, voriconazole is dialyzable
Q.How much does voriconazole cost?
The price of voriconazole may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.