food interaction for VINTOR
alcohol interaction for VINTOR
pregnancy interaction for VINTOR
lactation interaction for VINTOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VINTOR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VINTOR
- ZYROP 6000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 1900/injectionRs. 1900pay 3% more per injection
- ERYPRO SAFE 6000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)BioconRs. 1938.10/ML of injectionRs. 1938.10pay 5% more per ML of injection
- EPREX 6000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 2325/ML of injectionRs. 2325pay 26% more per ML of injection
- EPOFER 6000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1459.50/injectionRs. 1459.50save 21% more per injection
- EPOTOP 6000IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 2247/ML of injectionRs. 2247pay 21% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for VINTOR
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for VINTOR
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.