food interaction for VINTOR
alcohol interaction for VINTOR
pregnancy interaction for VINTOR
lactation interaction for VINTOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VINTOR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VINTOR
- ZYROP 3000IU INJECTION(6 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 177.14/ML of injectionRs. 1062.86save 69% more per ML of injection
- WEPOX 3000 IU INJECTION(0.3 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 850/ML of injectionRs. 850pay 51% more per ML of injection
- ESPOGEN 3000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)LG LifesciencesRs. 1376.25/injectionRs. 1376.25pay 145% more per injection
- EPOFER 3000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 934.50/injectionRs. 934.50pay 66% more per injection
- RENOCEL 3000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 400/injectionRs. 400save 29% more per injection
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for VINTOR
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for VINTOR
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.