food interaction for VERTIFORD
alcohol interaction for VERTIFORD
pregnancy interaction for VERTIFORD
lactation interaction for VERTIFORD
medicine interaction for VERTIFORD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VERTIFORD
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR VERTIFORD 16 MG TABLET
Patients taking VERTIFORD 16 MG TABLET
- 90%Twice A Day
- 10%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR VERTIFORD
- VERTIN 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.95/tabletRs. 119.50pay 869% more per tablet
- BETAVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.50/tabletRs. 105pay 752% more per tablet
- VERBET 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albert David LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101pay 719% more per tablet
- B STILL 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115pay 833% more per tablet
- VERTISTAR -MD 16MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.52/tabletRs. 55.23pay 348% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR VERTIFORD
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betahistine or any of the other ingredients of betahistine tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars like lactose.
Frequently asked questions FOR VERTIFORD
Q. Is betahistine FDA approved?
No, betahistine is not approved by FDA
Q. Is betahistine/betahistine dihydrochloride an antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid/addictive?
No, it belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It is not antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid and it is not an addictive drug
Q. Is betahistine available over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Is betahistine used for vertigo/tinnitus?
Yes, it is used for vertigo, tinnitus. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. How long can I take betahistine for?
Patient should take betahistine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q. Can I take betahistine with antihistamine/ cinnarizine/citalopram/amitryptyline/cetirizine/ paracetamol/ibuprofen/prochlorperazine?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of betahistine. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Does betahistine make you sleepy/cause drowsiness/ weight gain?
Betahistine causing drowsiness is among common side effects. Weight gain may be observed rarely. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.