food interaction for VENOLOL
alcohol interaction for VENOLOL
pregnancy interaction for VENOLOL
lactation interaction for VENOLOL
Avoid Venolol sr 50mg tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VENOLOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VENOLOL
- METPURE XL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.06/tabletRs. 130.55pay 74% more per tablet
- BETALOC 50 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 4.55/tabletRs. 136.50save 39% more per tablet
- STARPRESS-XL 50 TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 5.60/tabletRs. 84save 25% more per tablet
- METOCARD XL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.62/tabletRs. 56.17save 25% more per tablet
- REVELOL XL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.64/tabletRs. 56.44save 25% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for VENOLOL
- Metoprolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Metoprolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Metoprolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Metoprolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for VENOLOL
Q.Is metoprolol safe?
Metoprolol (also available as metolar XR 50/ met Xl/ metolar/ embeta XR) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metoprolol a diuretic/ beta blocker/statin/ MAOI/ ACE inhibitor or ARB/ calcium channel blocker?
Metoprolol belongs to the class of beta-blocker drug. It is not a diuretic, statin, MAOI, ACE inhibitor or calcium channel blocker
Q.Is metoprolol tartrate the same as toprol XL?
Metoprolol tartrate and toprol XL are same and Toprol xl is the brand name of the generic drug metoprolol
Q.Can I take metoprolol with amlodipine/ Nyquil /Xanax/ Aspirin/ Ibuprofen/ Benadryl/ Zoloft/ Lisinopril?
Metoprolol can be taken with amlodipine, Lisinopril, Xanax and Aspirin. It is advised to take Nyquil and Metoprolol with doctor’s advice, because Nyquil contains antihistamines which might elevate blood pressure. Ibuprofen is NSAID, which interacts with metoprolol and should be avoided. Metoprolol may slow down the heart rate, and diphenhydramine can cause drowsiness, so Benadryl should be taken only if needed and under doctor’s advice. Metoprolol tartrate oral will increase the level or effect of Zoloft (sertraline) by altering drug metabolism
Q.Does metoprolol cause hair loss/ headache/ lower heart rate/ lower blood pressure/ weight gain/ memory loss/ itching/ cough/ itching/ gas?
Metoprolol may cause some of these effects. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.