Substitutes for Vcandi
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Vcandi Gel
Uses of Vcandi Gel
Vcandi 6.5% Gel is used in the treatment of Fungal infections.
Side effects of Vcandi Gel
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Vcandi Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Vcandi Gel works
Vcandi 6.5% gel stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Vcandi Gel
Expert advice for Vcandi Gel
- Before applying the cream, ensure that affected area is washed and dried thoroughly.
- Tioconazole solution is meant for external use only.
- Stop tioconazole if you experience local skin reactions.
- Do not have sexual intercourse while on treatment with tioconazole for vaginal yeast infections.
- Do not use tampons, douches, spermicides and other vaginal products while on treatment with tioconazole for vaginal yeast infections.
- Stop the treatment for vaginal yeast infection and inform the doctor if your symptoms do not improve in 3 days or lasts for more than 7 days, or if you develop symptoms such as rash/hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
Special precautions for Vcandi 6.5% Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vcandi 6.5% Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Vcandi 6.5% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation. L+more
imited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Vcandi 6.5% Gel alters the ability t+more
o drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Vcandi+more
6.5% Gel in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Tioconazole, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Vcandi 6.5% Gel
Frequently asked questions for Tioconazole
Q. Is tioconazole better than miconazole?
Both these drugs belong to same category with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Vcandi is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Monistat is the brand name or trade name for Vcandi
No, Vcandi is not indicated for bacterial vaginosi
Vcandi may react with vaginal products of birth control such as condoms and spermicides. It is advised not have sexual intercourse while on Vcandi vaginal treatment.