food interaction for VCAD
alcohol interaction for VCAD
pregnancy interaction for VCAD
lactation interaction for VCAD
Avoid Vcad 1mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VCAD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VCAD
- CYTOCRISTIN 1 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 56.89/ML of injectionRs. 56.89save 37% more per ML of injection
- CYTOCRISTIN AQUEOUS 1 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 44.04/ML of injectionRs. 44.04save 51% more per ML of injection
- VINLON 1MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 50.79/ML of injectionRs. 50.79save 43% more per ML of injection
- UNICRISTIN 1MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 55/ML of injectionRs. 55save 39% more per ML of injection
- BIOCRISTIN 1 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 52.63/injectionRs. 52.63save 41% more per injection
Expert advice for VCAD
- Avoid being near people suffering from infections (such as, cold, flu, contagious illnesses), as you may be more susceptible to infections, while on vincristine therapy, because of possibility of leukopenia.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vincristine as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vincristine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Care should be taken in elderly patients because they are more susceptible to neurotoxic effects of vincristine.
- In males, vincristine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vincristine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for VCAD
Q.Is vincristine cardiotoxic/ototoxic?
Vincristine when used in combination with other drugs has shown to be cardiotoxic/ototoxic with unknown cause
Q.Is vincristine an alkylating agent/ an anthracycline?
Vincristine is vinca alkaloid and not an alkylating agent/ an anthracycline
Q.Is vincristine a vesicant?
Vincristine is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Q.Is vincristine non DNA binding?
Vincristine does not bind to DNA
Q.Is vincristine neuropathy reversible?
Vincristine neuropathy is not reversible
Q.Is vincristine FDA approved?
Vincristine is a FDA approved medication
Q.Is vincristine cytotoxic?
Vincristine is a cytotoxic drug
Q.Does vincristine cause hair loss/infertility/ lower blood counts/ neutropenia/ neuropathy/ fever/ nausea?
These side effects are commonly observed with the use of vincristine drug
Q.How does vincristine affect mitosis?
Vincristine works by interfering with the growth of cancer cells (mitotic inhibition) and slows their spread in the body by causing an arrest of cell division in metaphase
Q.Where does vincristine come from?
Vincristine is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn.