Medicine Overview of Vcad Injection
Side effects of Vcad Injection
Hair loss, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Constipation.
How to use Vcad Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Vcad Injection works
Vcad 1mg injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Vcad Injection
Expert advice for Vcad Injection
- Avoid being near people suffering from infections (such as, cold, flu, contagious illnesses), as you may be more susceptible to infections, while on vincristine therapy, because of possibility of leukopenia.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vincristine as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vincristine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Care should be taken in elderly patients because they are more susceptible to neurotoxic effects of vincristine.
- In males, vincristine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vincristine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Vcad 1mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vcad 1mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Vcad 1mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation. Data s+more
uggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Vcad 1mg Injection may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Vcad 1m+more
g Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Vcad 1mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Vincristine
Vcad when used in combination with other drugs has shown to be cardiotoxic/ototoxic with unknown cause
Vcad is vinca alkaloid and not an alkylating agent/ an anthracycline
Vcad is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Vcad does not bind to DNA
Vcad neuropathy is not reversible
Vcad is a FDA approved medication
Vcad is a cytotoxic drug
Q. Does Vcad cause hair loss/infertility/ lower blood counts/ neutropenia/ neuropathy/ fever/ nausea?
These side effects are commonly observed with the use of Vcad drug
Vcad works by interfering with the growth of cancer cells (mitotic inhibition) and slows their spread in the body by causing an arrest of cell division in metaphase
Vcad is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn.
Substitutes for Vcad Injection
Cytocristin Aqueous 1mg Injection
₹44.04/ml of Injection
Onvinc 1mg Injection
Neon Laboratories Ltd
Biocristin AQ 1mg Injection
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹48.38/ml of Injection
Vinlon 1mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
₹50.79/ml of Injection
Alcrist 1mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd