food interaction for VBETA
alcohol interaction for VBETA
pregnancy interaction for VBETA
lactation interaction for VBETA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VBETA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VBETA
- VERTIN 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.95/tabletRs. 119.50pay 47% more per tablet
- BETAVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.50/tabletRs. 105pay 29% more per tablet
- VERBET 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albert David LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101pay 24% more per tablet
- B STILL 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115pay 41% more per tablet
- ZEVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.10/tabletRs. 61save 25% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for VBETA
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betahistine or any of the other ingredients of betahistine tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars like lactose.
Frequently asked questions for VBETA
Q.Is betahistine FDA approved?
No, betahistine is not approved by FDA
Q.Is betahistine/betahistine dihydrochloride an antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid/addictive?
No, it belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It is not antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid and it is not an addictive drug
Q.Is betahistine available over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is betahistine used for vertigo/tinnitus?
Yes, it is used for vertigo, tinnitus. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.How long can I take betahistine for?
Patient should take betahistine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q.Can I take betahistine with antihistamine/ cinnarizine/citalopram/amitryptyline/cetirizine/ paracetamol/ibuprofen/prochlorperazine?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of betahistine. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Does betahistine make you sleepy/cause drowsiness/ weight gain?
Betahistine causing drowsiness is among common side effects. Weight gain may be observed rarely. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.