Substitutes for VALZ TABLET
NEUVILAZ 20MG TABLET
Unichem Laboratories Ltd
VILAZINE 20MG TABLET
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
VINSURE 20MG TABLET
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
VILODON 20MG TABLET
VIZATEX 20MG TABLET
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of VALZ TABLET
Uses of VALZ TABLET
Valz 20mg tablet is used in the treatment of depression.
Side effects of VALZ TABLET
Nausea, Vomiting, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Diarrhoea.
How to use VALZ TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Valz 20mg tablet with food.
How VALZ TABLET works
Valz 20mg tablet works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
In Depth Information on VALZ TABLET
Expert advice for VALZ TABLET
- Always take vilazodone along with food.
- Do not stop taking vilazodone, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience suicidal or violent thoughts, anxiety or panic attacks, unusual mood swings, restlessness, agitation, sleeping trouble, or unusually increased talking (manic attacks).
- Consult a doctor if you experience confusion, decreased coordination, fainting, hallucinations (apparent perception of something not present), headache, memory problems, mental or mood changes, fits, sluggishness, trouble concentrating, or weakness, muscle stiffness or tightness
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of suffering from low blood volume or blood pressure, low blood sodium levels, dehydration or you are on a low-salt (sodium) diet.
- Tell your doctor if you or your family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression) or other mental or mood problems, alcohol or substance abuse, or if you drink alcohol.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, bleeding problems, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), or fits (seizures).
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking vilazodone as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with vilazodone as it may worsen its side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to vilazodone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are taking antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Special precautions for VALZ 20MG TABLET
Valz 20mg tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Valz 20mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
GLI 2MG TABLET, CYBLEX 60MG XR TABLET, CYBLEX 30MG TABLET XR, GLYCHEK 40MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for VALZ 20MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Vilazodone
Q. Is vilazodone a narcotic?
No, vilazodone is not a narcotic
Q. Does vilazodone help in anxiety?
Yes, vilazodone helps in relieving anxiety symptoms in patients with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
User Submitted Feedback For VALZ 20MG TABLET
Patients taking VALZ 20MG TABLET
Once A Day
Twice A Day