Medicine Overview of Valz Tablet
Uses of Valz Tablet
Valz 20mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression.
Side effects of Valz Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Diarrhoea.
How to use Valz Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Valz 20mg Tablet with food.
How Valz Tablet works
Valz 20mg tablet works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
In Depth Information on Valz Tablet
Expert advice for Valz Tablet
- Always take vilazodone along with food.
- Do not stop taking vilazodone, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience suicidal or violent thoughts, anxiety or panic attacks, unusual mood swings, restlessness, agitation, sleeping trouble, or unusually increased talking (manic attacks).
- Consult a doctor if you experience confusion, decreased coordination, fainting, hallucinations (apparent perception of something not present), headache, memory problems, mental or mood changes, fits, sluggishness, trouble concentrating, or weakness, muscle stiffness or tightness
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of suffering from low blood volume or blood pressure, low blood sodium levels, dehydration or you are on a low-salt (sodium) diet.
- Tell your doctor if you or your family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression) or other mental or mood problems, alcohol or substance abuse, or if you drink alcohol.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, bleeding problems, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), or fits (seizures).
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking vilazodone as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with vilazodone as it may worsen its side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to vilazodone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are taking antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Special precautions for Valz 20mg Tablet
Valz 20mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Valz 20mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Valz 20mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Valz 20mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Valz 20mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Valz 20mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Valz 20mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Valz 20mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available for use of Valz 20mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available for use of Valz 20mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Dianorm 80mg Tablet, Lipaglyn 4mg Tablet, Cyblex 60mg XR Tablet, Diabend 80mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Valz 20mg Tablet
User Submitted Feedback For Valz 20mg Tablet
Patients taking Valz 20mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Valz 20mg Tablet: RPP, NWP, IPL, AYU, SAT, AAY, GNC, HEX, MMS, BTM, MAK, USF, MOM, OIP, RKS, EQN, NDP, JIV, DDR, DFP, DPP, RSS, STA, GTC, LHA, HGI, BIO, EMB, MAX, SHM, ADT, GTK, RUS, DYG, PSP, MPC, ATP, BSN, HIP, BLP, KHH, AAR, LCC, RJH, JMJ, SWA, ATL, SJP, PTS, SBL, WSI, AGT, SBA, SHP, PNT, PLT, GPT, FGH, OLT, DLP, PEN, OHM, DEL, OWP, HBV, NVL, ZVP, SSA, 9T9