food interaction for VALOFLAM TZ
alcohol interaction for VALOFLAM TZ
pregnancy interaction for VALOFLAM TZ
lactation interaction for VALOFLAM TZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VALOFLAM TZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VALOFLAM TZNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for VALOFLAM TZ
- Before you take valdecoxib, inform your doctor if you suffer from liver and or kidney problems.
- Do not take valdecoxib if you have experienced asthma, hives or any allergic reaction after taking a sulfabased medication.
- Stop taking valdecoxib and contact your doctor immediately if you develop a skin rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, swelling of the lips, tongue or face, or other symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Caution should be exercised while using valdecoxib as an increased risk of cardiovascular events (including heart attack and stroke) have been reported with its use.
- Overdose of valdecoxib may cause dizziness; it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery under such circumstances.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for VALOFLAM TZ
Q.What is valdecoxib tablet and what are they used for?
Valdecoxib tablets are pain killer tablets used in treating the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis and for painful menstruation
Q.Why is valdecoxib banned?
Valdecoxib was banned due to safety concerns of an increased risk of cardiovascular events and serious and potentially life-threatening skin reactions.
Q.Does tizanidine contain sulfa or asprin?
Tizanidine does not contain sulfa and aspirin
Q.Is tizanidine an opiate, NSAID, blood thinner, controlled substance, or muscle relaxer?
Tizanidine is not an opiate, NSAID, blood thinner or a controlled substance. It is a muscle relaxant
Q.Is tizanidine like valium?
Valium is a brand name for drug diazepam. It is also used as a muscle relaxant, but both have different functions. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is tizanidine stronger than Flexeril?
Flexeril is a brand name for drug cyclobenzaprine, which is also used as a muscle relaxant. Effect of the drug may vary upon individual response. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is tizanidine water soluble?
Tizanidine is a lipid-soluble drug; it is only slightly soluble in water and methanol
Q.Is tizanidine gluten free?
Tizanidine is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Can I take tizanidine or Zanaflex for menstrual cramps, headaches, or anxiety?
No, you cannot take tizanidine or Zanaflex (which contains tizanidine) for menstrual cramps, headaches, or anxiety. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Does tizanidine cause weight loss or keep you awake (insomnia)?
You may experience insomnia or weight loss with the use of tizanidine. Few people may experience excessive sleepiness. If you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take tizanidine with Aleve (naproxen), Ambien (zolpidem), Norco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Tylenol (paracetamol), Valium (diazepam), or Xanax (alprazolam)?
You may take Aleve and Tylenol with tizanidine, but Ambien, Norco, Valium, and Xanax should not be given with tizanidine. Consult your doctor before simultaneous use
Q.Can I take tizanidine with prednisone, ibuprofen, tramadol, or oxycodone?
Tizanidine may be taken with prednisone or ibuprofen, but tramadol or oxycodone with tizanidine may increase their side effects. Consult your doctor before simultaneous use
Q.Does tizanidine show on a drug test?
No, tizanidine does not show on a drug test. Only narcotic drugs show up on a drug test.