food interaction for VAGACYTE
alcohol interaction for VAGACYTE
pregnancy interaction for VAGACYTE
lactation interaction for VAGACYTE
medicine interaction for VAGACYTE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VAGACYTE
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR VAGACYTE 450 MG TABLET
Patients taking VAGACYTE 450 MG TABLET
- 54%Once A Day
- 46%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR VAGACYTE
- VALGAN 450 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 296.38/tabletRs. 1185.50save 38% more per tablet
- CYMGAL 450 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)BioconRs. 440/tabletRs. 4400save 8% more per tablet
- VALSTEAD 450 MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Steadfast Medishield Pvt LtdRs. 390.48/tabletRs. 780.95save 18% more per tablet
- CMVEE 450MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 424.69/tabletRs. 849.37save 11% more per tablet
- VALCEPT 450 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 94.23/tabletRs. 942.31save 80% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR VAGACYTE
- Special care should be taken in patients who have hematological cytopenia (deficiency in cellular elements in circulating blood) or history of drug-related hematological cytopenia and in patients receiving radiotherapy or hemodialysis.
- Seek medical advice from your doctor while taking valganciclovir as it has potential to cause birth defects, cancers, temporary or permanent failure of sperm production.
- Valganciclovir may reduce the blood cell count. Do not start the treatment until neutrophil count is >500 cells/?l, platelet count >25000/?l, or hemoglobin level >8 g/dl.
- Females of child bearing potential should use effective contraception while on valganciclovir therapy.
- Males should practice barrier contraception during treatment for ?90 days and thereafter unless it is sure that the female partner is not at risk of pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking imipenem-cilastatin, as it may cause fits if taken concomitantly.
- Do not take didanosine, zidovudine, mycophenolate mofetil, mycophenolic acid, or probenecid while taking valganciclovir as it may worsen the side effects.
- You may be monitored with complete blood counts and platelet counts tests at regular intervals during valganciclovir treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as valganciclovir may make you drowsy, dizzy, unsteady, confused, less alert, or cause seizures.
Frequently asked questions FOR VAGACYTE
Q. Is valganciclovir cytotoxic?
No, valganciclovir is not cytotoxic
Q. What is valganciclovir used for?
Valganciclovir is used for the treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection of retina (retinitis) in adult patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is also used for the prevention of CMV infection in patients who have received an organ transplant from a CMV-infected donor
Q. Does valganciclovir cover HSV?
Valganciclovir can also be used for treatment of herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. Please follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. How does valganciclovir work?
After taken orally, valganciclovir gets converted into ganciclovir by liver and intestinal enzymes, which then prevents the growth and spread of cytomegalovirus.