food interaction for UVOX
alcohol interaction for UVOX
pregnancy interaction for UVOX
lactation interaction for UVOX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for UVOX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for UVOX 100 MG TABLET
Patients taking UVOX 100 MG TABLET
- 50%Thrice A week
- 33%Twice A Day
- 17%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for UVOX
- FLUVOXIN 100 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 22/tabletRs. 220save 22% more per tablet
- FLUVOXIN CR 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 24/tabletRs. 240save 15% more per tablet
- FREXT 100 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.40/tabletRs. 224save 21% more per tablet
- SOREST 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 24.70/tabletRs. 247save 13% more per tablet
- FLUVATOR 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.60/tabletRs. 226save 20% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for UVOX
- Do not start fluvoxamine and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or heart problems, fits, diabetes, have history of mania (abnormal over excitation), bleeding disorder, or glaucoma (raised pressure in eye).
- Stop taking fluvoxamine and seek advice if you develop rash, itching, swollen lips or face, or any other allergic reaction, shortness of breath, fever, sweating, muscle stiffness, tremor, confusion, extreme agitation, sleepiness, increased fits frequency, feeling of being elated or over-exited, or suicidal thoughts after taking fluvoxamine.
- Do not drink alcohol while on fluvoxamine treatment, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Fluvoxamine may affect your judgment or co-ordination. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking fluvoxamine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for UVOX
Q.Is fluvoxamine a controlled substance, narcotic, addictive?
Fluvoxamine is not a controlled substance, narcotic or addictive
Q.Is fluvoxamine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo?
Fluvoxamine is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q.Is fluvoxamine safe?
Fluvoxamine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is fluvoxamine like Xanax, Luvox, and Prozac?
Luvox is the brand name of fluvoxamine. Fluvoxamine and Prozac (fluoxetine) belongs to same class of medications however they differ in the dose to be taken, duration of action and the side effects they produce. Xanax (alprazolam) is a different drug from different class used to treat anxiety disorder
Q.Can fluvoxamine be taken with ibuprofen?
Fluvoxamine when taken with ibuprofen may lead to increased bruising or bleeding
Q.Does fluvoxamine make you sleepy, cause hair loss, weight gain or loss, get you high, and make you tired?
Fluvoxamine can make you sleepy, gain weight or lose, get you high and tired. Generally fluvoxamine does not cause hair loss.