food interaction for URSOCOL
alcohol interaction for URSOCOL
pregnancy interaction for URSOCOL
lactation interaction for URSOCOL
medicine interaction for URSOCOL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR URSOCOL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR URSOCOL SR 600MG TABLET
Patients taking URSOCOL SR 600MG TABLET
- 78%Twice A Day
- 18%Once A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR URSOCOL
- UDILIV 600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 43.20/tabletRs. 432pay 20% more per tablet
- BILEFIX 600 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 41.07/tabletRs. 575pay 14% more per tablet
- URSOKEM OD 600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 24.76/tabletRs. 247.62save 31% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR URSOCOL
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid should be taken preferably after meals.
- Do not take antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Ursodeoxycholic Acid. This is because antacids decrease the amount of Ursodeoxycholic Acid absorbed by the body.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR URSOCOL
Q. Is ursodeoxycholic acid a steroid/ antibiotic?
No, Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q. Is ursodeoxycholic acid safe?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv300/Udiliv150?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q. How does it work?
It works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones
Q. Does ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv 300/Udiliv 150 cause weight gain/loss?
No, it has no effect on weight
Q. How does ursodeoxycholic acid works for primary biliary cirrhosis/obstructive cholestasis?
Ursodeoxycholic acid works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones.