food interaction for URIPRO
alcohol interaction for URIPRO
pregnancy interaction for URIPRO
lactation interaction for URIPRO
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for URIPRO
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for URIPRO 0.4 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking URIPRO 0.4 MG CAPSULE
- 85%Once A Day
- 12%Thrice A week
- 4%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for URIPRO
- URIMAX 0.4 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 10.03/capsuleRs. 150.50pay 115% more per capsule
- URIMAX 0.4 MG CAPSULE(30 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 7.97/capsuleRs. 239pay 70% more per capsule
- DYNAPRES 0.4 MG CAPSULE(30 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 8.87/capsuleRs. 266pay 90% more per capsule
- TAMLOCEPT 0.4 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 9.57/capsuleRs. 143.50pay 105% more per capsule
- ALFATAM 0.4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 8.60/capsuleRs. 86pay 84% more per capsule
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for URIPRO
- Take the drug 30 minutes after the same meal every day.
- You may feel very dizzy when you first wake up. Be careful when standing or sitting up from a lying position.
- Do not start or continue the tamsulosin tablets and consult your doctor If you are allergic to tamsulosin, soya, peanut or to any of the other ingredients of tablet/capsule.
- Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor.
- Tamsulosin lowers blood pressure and may cause dizziness or fainting, especially when you first start taking it, or when you start taking it again. Call your doctor if you have severe dizziness or feel like you might pass out.
Frequently asked questions for URIPRO
Q.Is tamsulosin/ Flomax/ Veltam available over the counter?
No. Tamsulosin/ Flomax/ Veltam is not available over the counter. It is a prescription drug
Q.Is tamsulosin a steroid/ a diuretic?
No. Tamsulosin is not a steroid or diuretic. It is an alpha blocker
Q.Can I take tamsulosin with Cialis/ tadalafil/ finasteride/ ibuprofen/ sildenafil/ Viagra/ paracetamol/Tylenol/ Sudafed/ aspirin/, ciprofloxacin?
There are no confirmed studies about any interaction between tamsulosin and finasteride/ ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ Sudafed/ aspirin/ ciprofloxacin. However when tamsulosin is taken along with tadalafil or sildenefil the blood pressure may get lowered. Consult your doctor before use
Q.Does tamsulosin cause weight gain?
There is no confirmed evidence about tamsulosin causing weight gain. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine
Q.Does tamsulosin lower prostate specific antigen?
Tamsulosin can lower the prostate specific antigen. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine
Q.Does tamsulosin shrink prostate?
Tamsulosin is used to treat symptoms of enlarge prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia), however tamsulosin does not shrink the prostate
Q.Does tamsulosin contain sulfa?
Yes, tamsulosin contains sulpha (sulphur moiety, sulphonamide). Please consult your doctor prior to taking tamsulosin, if you have any allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives (sulfa allergy).