Medicine Overview of Unwanted 72 Tablet
Uses of Unwanted 72 Tablet
Unwanted 72 Tablet is used in Contraception.
Side effects of Unwanted 72 Tablet
Fatigue, Vomiting, Headache, Dizziness, Breast tenderness, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Irregular menstrual cycle, Lower abdominal pain.
How to use Unwanted 72 Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Unwanted 72 Tablet at a fixed time.
How Unwanted 72 Tablet works
Unwanted 72 tablet is a progestin (female hormones). It works as part of hormone replacement therapy by replacing the amount of estrogen in the uterus. It works to bring on menstruation by replacing the natural progesterone that some women are missing.
In Depth Information on Unwanted 72 Tablet
Expert advice for Unwanted 72 Tablet
As an emergency contraceptive: This medicine can be taken only by women aged 16 years and over. This medicine is intended for occasional use only and is recommended to not use more than once in a monthly cycle. It is not a substitute for long-term contraception.
- If you throw up within 3 hours of taking the tablet, you will need to take another tablet.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have ever had a disease called salpingitis (inflammation of the Fallopian tubes).
- If you have severe liver problems.
- If you have severe digestive problems (e.g. Crohn’s disease).
- If you have ever had an ectopic pregnancy (where a baby develops outside the womb), fallopian tube surgery or pelvic inflammatory disease.
- If you are under 16 years of age (your local family planning clinic may also be able to help)
- If you are breastfeeding.
- This medicine can sometimes disturb your normal monthly cycle (period). If delayed by more than 5 days late, or is unusually light or heavy you should talk to your doctor as soon as possible and have a pregnancy test. This medicine may make you feel dizzy or tired.
- Do not drive or use machines until you are sure you are not affected. A pregnancy will not normally be affected by taking this medicine, however there is a risk that a pregnancy may continue outside of the womb (ectopic pregnancy). It is important that you talk to your doctor about it. As an IUD: You should not use this device if you are allergic to levonorgestrel, silicone, silica, silver, barium, iron oxide, or polyethylene.
- abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- an untreated or uncontrolled pelvic infection (vaginal, cervical uterine, or bladder).
- a history of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), unless you have had a normal pregnancy after the infection treated uterine fibroid tumors past or present breast cancer, known or suspected cervical or uterine cancer;liver disease or liver tumor (benign or malignant);if you have another intrauterine device (IUD) in place. After each menstrual period you should check to make sure you can still feel the removal strings. Wash your hands with soap and water, and insert your clean fingers into the vagina. You should be able to feel the strings at the opening of your cervix.
- Call your doctor at once if you cannot feel the strings, or if you think the device has slipped lower in your uterus or out of your uterus. A sudden increase in menstrual flow may be a sign that the device has slipped out of place.
Special precautions for Unwanted 72 Tablet
Unwanted 72 Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Unwanted 72 Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Unwanted 72 Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human s+more
tudies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
It is not known whether Unwanted 72 Tablet alters the abilit+more
y to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Unwante+more
d 72 Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Unwanted 72 1.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Levonorgestrel
Q. Is levonorgestrel progesterone/ a steroid/effective/does levonorgestrel work/work during ovulation/ prevent implantation?
Levonorgestrel is synthetic progesterone, a steroid. It decreases the secretion of hormones and thereby inhibits ovulation. It also inhibits implantation (the point when a fertilized egg embeds in the uterine wall, where it will grow and develop into an embryo). It is effective (almost 84%) and works better if taken as soon as or within 72 hours after unprotected sex or failure of usual contraception
Q. Is levonorgestrel a combination pill?
Levonorgestrel may be given alone or in a formulation that also contains estradiol
Q. Is levonorgestrel androgenic?
Levonorgestrel has high progestational and androgenic effects. The level of the androgenic effect refers to the chance of unwanted side effects such as acne and hirsutism (female unwanted hair growth)
Q. Is levonorgestrel over the counter?
Levonorgestrel is available as both over the counter and as per doctor's prescription
Q. Does levonorgestrel expire?
Like every medicine, levonorgestrel also has an expiry date.
User Submitted Feedback For Unwanted 72 1.5mg Tablet
Patients taking Unwanted 72 Tablet
Once A Day
Thrice A week
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?
Substitutes for Unwanted 72 Tablet
Leeford Healthcare Ltd
Instafree 72 Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Piramal Healthcare Limited
Niel 72 Tablet
Nowill 1.5mg Tablet