food interaction for UNIFOLIN
alcohol interaction for UNIFOLIN
pregnancy interaction for UNIFOLIN
lactation interaction for UNIFOLIN
SALT INFORMATION FOR UNIFOLIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR UNIFOLINNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR UNIFOLIN
- Administer leucovorin calcium 24 hours after beginning of methotrexate infusion.
- Do not take more than 25 mg of oral dose.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to leucovorin calcium or any of its ingredients.
- Do not given to patient with history of anemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Do not given to patient with build-up of fluid in the chest cavity or the stomach area or kidney disease.
- Do not given to patient taking fluorouracil.
Frequently asked questions FOR UNIFOLIN
Q. What is leucovorin calcium, its use and its mechanism of action?
Leucovorin calcium is a form of folic acid, a vitamin, which is used as antidote to toxic effects of drugs such as methotrexate, pyrimethamine, or trimethoprim. Leucovorin is also used to treat anemia caused by chemotherapy by helping body to produce and maintain new cells.