Drug interaction for ULTOP
Take it empty stomach (1 hour before meals or 2 hour after food)
Generally safe to take with alcohol
Probably safe during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Safe during breast feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ULTOPPantoprazole(20 mg)
Ultop 20 mg tablet is used for treating symptoms of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (heartburn, back flow of acid from stomach, difficulty in swallowing), inflammation of esophagus, excess acid secretion by stomach (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome), in prevention of intestinal or stomach ulcers in patients caused by prolonged pain killer use.
How it works
Ultop 20 mg tablet belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors. It acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Common side effects
Fever, Blurred vision, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Hip fracture, Vertigo, Itching
SUBSTITUTES for ULTOP
- PANTOCID 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 5.70/tabletRs. 57pay 185% more per tablet
- PANTOP 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.91/tabletRs. 49.10pay 146% more per tablet
- PANTODAC 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 7.21/tabletRs. 72.10pay 260% more per tablet
- PANPURE 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.85/tabletRs. 68.50pay 242% more per tablet
- ZOSECTA 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.35/tabletRs. 93.50pay 368% more per tablet
Expert advice for ULTOP
- Take the medicine 1 hour before a meal and swallow the tablet as whole.
- Inform your doctor if you are put on long-term treatment with pantoprazole, especially if you have severe liver disease, deficiency of vitamin B12 or receiving the drug atazanavir for HIV treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it.
Frequently asked questions for ULTOP
Q. Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole.
Q. Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib.
Q. Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor.
Q. Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach.
Q. Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.