Medicine Overview of Ultiflox Eye Ointment
Uses of Ultiflox Eye Ointment
Ultiflox 0.3% Eye Ointment is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How to use Ultiflox Eye Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the tube close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the tube and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Ultiflox Eye Ointment works
Ultiflox 0.3% eye ointment is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
In Depth Information on Ultiflox Eye Ointment
Expert advice for Ultiflox Eye Ointment
- Consult a doctor if you notice first signs of a skin rash or any other allergic symptoms like red, raised, pale itch skin (urticarial hives), sudden swelling of face, throat or eyelids, breathing problems after starting treatment with the ciprofloxacin topical.
- Tell your doctor if you are an elderly and using corticosteroids before using ciprofloxacin topical.
- Prolonged use of ciprofloxacin topical may cause other infections, inform your doctor if your symptoms get worse or suddenly return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after using ciprofloxacin eye drops as it may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to ciprofloxacin, other quinolones or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with ear and eye infection caused by fungus or virus.
Special precautions for Ultiflox 0.3% Eye Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ultiflox 0.3% Eye Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ultiflox 0.3% Eye Ointment is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Ultiflox 0.3% Eye Ointment may make you feel dizzy, sleepy,+more
tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Ultiflo+more
x 0.3% Eye Ointment in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Ultiflox 0.3% Eye Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Ciprofloxacin Topical
Q. Is ciprofloxacin topical safe/ banned?
Ciprofloxacin topical is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ciprofloxacin topical sulfa based/ a penicillin?
No. Ciprofloxacin topical belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Substitutes for Ultiflox
No substitutes found for this medicine