food interaction for TVAPTAN
alcohol interaction for TVAPTAN
pregnancy interaction for TVAPTAN
lactation interaction for TVAPTAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TVAPTAN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TVAPTAN 15 MG TABLET
Patients taking TVAPTAN 15 MG TABLET
- 60%Twice A Day
- 40%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TVAPTAN
- NATRISE 15 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 107.50/tabletRs. 430save 1% more per tablet
- TOLVAT 15 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)MSN LaboratoriesRs. 99/tabletRs. 396save 9% more per tablet
- RESODIM-15 TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 119.25/tabletRs. 477pay 10% more per tablet
- HYPONAT O 15MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 38.46/tabletRs. 384.60save 65% more per tablet
- TOLVASCA 15 TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 109.37/tabletRs. 437.49pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice for TVAPTAN
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking this medication. If you stop taking tolvaptan for any length of time, do not start taking it again at home. You will need to be in a hospital under observation any time you start or restart treatment with tolvaptan.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have any of these signs: problems with speech or muscle control, trouble swallowing, trouble moving your arms and legs, mood changes, and seizure (convulsions).
- if you are allergic to tolvaptan, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if your kidneys do not work (no urine production).
- if you have a condition which increases the salt in your blood (“hypernatraemia”).
- if you have a condition which is associated with a very low blood volume.
- if you do not realise when you are thirsty.
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- if you cannot drink enough water or if you are fluid restricted.
- if you have difficulties in urination or have an enlarged prostate.
- if you suffer from liver disease.
- if you have diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for TVAPTAN
Q.Is tolvaptan / samsca a diuretic?
Samscais brand name of tolvaptan and it is a diuretic
Q.Does tolvaptan work in pkd-Polycystic kidney disease?
Yes. Recently it is found that tolvaptan can slow the development and progression of polycystic kidney disease in animal models.