food interaction for TT (SERUM)
alcohol interaction for TT (SERUM)
pregnancy interaction for TT (SERUM)
lactation interaction for TT (SERUM)
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TT (SERUM)
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TT 1.5 LF INJECTION
Patients taking TT 1.5 LF INJECTION
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TT (SERUM)No substitutes found
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for TT (SERUM)
- Do not take tetanus toxoid if you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredient of this injection.
- Consult your doctor before taking tetanus toxoid if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning for a pregnancy; or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: seizures (fits); fever, infection, bleeding disorder, low platelet levels or weak immune system due to HIV infection or AIDS.
- Take special precautions while using tetanus toxoid if you had severe pain and swelling or bleeding at previous vaccination site.
Frequently asked questions for TT (SERUM)
Q.What does tetanus toxoid do?
Tetanus toxoid is the vaccine given for prevention of tetanus
Q.How does it work?
Tetanus symptoms involve tightening of muscles of the body and causing a locked jaw, thus making it impossible to breathe, open the mouth to eat or swallow. It works by helping the body produce substances that resist infection from bacteria causing tetanus
Q.Is tetanus toxoid a live vaccine/attenuated?
Tetanus toxoid is an inactivated toxin. It is neither a live vaccine/attenuated
Q.Does it cause passive immunity?
Tetanus toxin imparts passive immunity to the patient
Q.Is tetanus toxoid an antibiotic or protein?
Tetanus toxoid is not an antibiotic. It is an inactive protein
Q.Does tetanus toxoid need a skin test?
Tetanus toxoid may not require a skin test.kindly consult your doctor for the sam
Q.Does it have to be refrigerated?
It has to be refrigerated between 2-8 degrees centigrade
Q.Does it contain horse serum?
Tetanus toxoid does not contain horse serum.