food interaction for TROPICO
alcohol interaction for TROPICO
pregnancy interaction for TROPICO
lactation interaction for TROPICO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TROPICO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TROPICO
- TROPICAMET 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.81/ML of eye dropRs. 54.07pay 1% more per ML of eye drop
- DILATINE 1% EYE DROPS(3 ML eye drop in packet)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16/ML of eye dropRs. 48.01pay 49% more per ML of eye drop
- TMIDE 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.70/ML of eye dropRs. 38.48save 28% more per ML of eye drop
- OPTIMIDE 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Micro Labs LtdRs. 7.79/ML of eye dropRs. 38.95save 27% more per ML of eye drop
- TROPICO BELL 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Bell Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 10.15/ML of eye dropRs. 50.77save 5% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for TROPICO
- Seek medical attention if you have developed red or inflamed eyes.
- Do not use contact lenses while using this solution.
- Tropicamide increases sunlight sensitivity and hence you are advised to wear sunglasses while going outdoors.
- Do not drive or use heavy machinery immediately after using these drops as usage can cause blurred vision. Vision may be slightly blurred for up to 24 hours. Wait for eyes to clear up completely before using heavy machinery or driving.
- Do not use other eye drops for 24 hours after using tropicamide unless advised by the doctor.
- The lacrimal sac should be compressed by pressure for two to three minutes after instillation to avoid excessive systemic absorption.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before using this eye drop.
Frequently asked questions for TROPICO
Q.What is tropicamide used for?
Tropicamide is used to enlarge (dilate) the pupil of the eye (topical mydriatic) as well as for temporary paralysis of the eye (cycloplegia) for easy examination of different parts of the eye like the lens, vitreous humor, retina etc. by a doctor or eye specialist
Q.How does tropicamide work?
Tropicamide, belongs to a class of medication called antimuscarinics. It blocks the activity of the acetyl choline receptor, thus stopping the transmission of nerve impulses. This in turn leads to dilation as well temporary paralysis of the eye
Q.Why does tropicamide sting?
Tropicamide has mild stinging as a well-known side effect
Q.How quickly does tropicamide work?
Tropicamide is known to work usually within half an hour of using it.