Medicine Overview of Tromacyn Ointment
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Skin rash, Hearing loss, Balance disorder (loss of balance).
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Tromacyn Ointment
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Tromacyn Ointment related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Tromacyn Ointment
Q. Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA
Q. Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn't be given to infants
Q. Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Tromacyn 0.3% Ointment: BDN, GBL, KHH, TFP, ZPR, ADT, HPC, OHM, PTI, QLF, DGN, NVL, CLT, BLE, RSS, PPR, WHL, MSD, SVH, RWP, INC, NDP, P2P, MDH, AYU, RPI, BIO, RHW, VDH, SBA, MAM, MLC, BHP, ANT, DHR, SHP, BBS, SHC, ZVP, SPD, SCH, EPS, WSI, IPL, MDO, JIV, ARD, DLP, SWP, SJP, BHM, BTM, ENP, 9T9, RJH, HEX, SAF, GPP, EVP, NNH, TNH, LHA, BAP, HSP, DPL, SDM, PWN, SWA, AYM, MAX, NXG, GTC, RPP, SYN, ESY, HAT, AMR, PEN, HTS, SGC, OIP, PNT, BAL, JVN, RDH, HBV, TRP, OWP, NSL, STA, QTM, THP, EQN, PLT, AAY, ATL, HGI, AGT, TOM, SLN, GHR, UMP, JSL, SSA, DPP, FGH, GTK, MAK, OLT, RDR, PRN, VNS, JVO, MPC, HZF, AAR, ZEL, GNC, RUS, DYG, BMJ, PMA, SVS, ABP, KHC, USF, PVP, BSN, RHL, SRG, HIP, DAO, ATP, GPT, DVH, CHP, KMC, NWP, NAS, MMS, IAD, DFP, SBL, NVY, EMB, HMP, RSA, VRS, SGH, RKS, LCC, HNP, NTB, SHD