food interaction for TRIVAL CR
alcohol interaction for TRIVAL CR
pregnancy interaction for TRIVAL CR
lactation interaction for TRIVAL CR
medicine interaction for TRIVAL CR
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TRIVAL CR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TRIVAL CR
- DICORATE ER 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11/tabletRs. 110save 4% more per tablet
- DIVAA -OD 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.75/tabletRs. 97.50save 15% more per tablet
- VALANCE OD 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.60/tabletRs. 116pay 1% more per tablet
- DEPAKOTE 500 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 12.83/tabletRs. 192.40pay 12% more per tablet
- DAYO OD 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 10.95/tabletRs. 109.50save 5% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TRIVAL CR
- Do not take divalproex tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to divalproex or any of the other ingredients of divalproex tablet.
- Avoid taking divalproex if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not take divalproex if you have family history of urea cycle disorder or unexplained infant deaths; history of mental or mood problems (e.g. depression) or suicidal thoughts or actions; if you have recurring vomiting and sluggishness, recurring extreme irritability, or decreased food or fluid intake.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking divalproex because you may feel drowsy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cancer, alcohol abuse or dependence, liver problems, metabolic disease, blood disease (e.g. low levels of white blood cells, low blood platelet levels), HIV infection, cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, high blood levels of ammonia or glutamine, low body temperature, low levels of albumin, brain problems, mental retardation, inflammation of the pancreas, kidney problems, or high blood glycine levels.
Frequently asked questions FOR TRIVAL CR
Q. Is divalproex an antipsychotic?
Divalproex is an anticonvulsant drug and not antipsychotic
Q. Is divalproex the same as Depakote?
Yes, Depakote is a trade name of product containing the drug divalproex sodium
Q. Is divalproex safe?
Divalproex is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q. Is divalproex a controlled substance?
No, it is not a controlled substance
Q. Is divalproex/ divalproex sodium a narcotic?
No, it is not a narcotic
Q. Is divalproex the same as valproic acid?
No, divalproex contains a compound of sodium valproate and valproic acid
Q. Is divalproex a benzodiazepine?
No, it is not a benzodiazepine
Q. Is divalproex addictive?
No, it is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with divalproex?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of divalproex. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does divalproex contain MAOI?
No, it does not contain MAOI
Q. Does divalproex make you sleepy/cause weight gain/hair loss?
Divalproex may cause these side effects. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.