Medicine Overview of Triora Ointment
Uses of Triora Ointment
Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment is used in the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Side effects of Triora Ointment
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Triora Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Triora Ointment works
Triora 0.1% w/w ointment is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
In Depth Information on Triora Ointment
Expert advice for Triora Ointment
- Avoid direct contact of the ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, increased pressure in the eye or cataract.
- Avoid applying ointment to large area of the skin, broken skin or under certain dressing especially in children.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear protective clothing while using triamcinolone ointment, as it may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to triamcinolone, other corticosteroids, chlortetracycline, other tetracyclines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from tuberculosis, fungal, or viral lesions of the skin (herpes simplex, vaccinia and varicella), and primary bacterial infections, e.g. impetigo (a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow crusty sores) pyoderma (any skin disease with pus), furunculosis (infection of hair follicles), in acne vulgaris rosacea, perioral dermatitis (a condition characterized by is a facial rash on the face causing bumps to develop round the mouth) and widespread plaque psoriasis (A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches).
Special precautions for Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Triora+more
0.1% w/w Ointment in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment should be used with caution in pati+more
ents with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone Topical
Q. Is Triora an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triora is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It belongs to class of medications called as corticosteroids
Q. Is Triora the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are the names of Triora available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Triora safe for babies?
No. Triora is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does Triora cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Triora is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.
Substitutes for Triora Ointment
Triamacort 0.1% Ointment
Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹9.8/gm of Ointment
Kenacort 0.1% w/w Oral Paste
Abbott India Ltd
Cinort 0.1% Oral Paste
Apple Therapeutics Pvt Ltd
₹11.6/gm of Paste
Tess 0.1% Ointment
Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹12.4/gm of Ointment
Trioplast Oral Paste
Icpa Health Products Ltd
₹13.4/gm of Paste