food interaction for TRIATOP
alcohol interaction for TRIATOP
pregnancy interaction for TRIATOP
lactation interaction for TRIATOP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRIATOP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TRIATOP 2%W/V SHAMPOO
Patients taking TRIATOP 2%W/V SHAMPOO
- 42%Once A Day
- 23%Twice A Week
- 12%Once A Week
- 12%Twice A Day
- 8%Alternate Day
- 4%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TRIATOP
- ECOKET 2% W/V SHAMPOO(60 ML shampoo in bottle)Albatross Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.95/ML of shampooRs. 117save 57% more per ML of shampoo
- KETOCO SHAMPOO 2% W/V(75 ML shampoo in bottle)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 1.91/ML of shampooRs. 143.25save 58% more per ML of shampoo
- KETOL 2% W/V SHAMPOO(100 ML shampoo in bottle)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.66/ML of shampooRs. 66.25save 86% more per ML of shampoo
- KITRAL 2% W/V SHAMPOO(50 ML shampoo in bottle)Galpha Laboratories LtdRs. 3.26/ML of shampooRs. 162.80save 29% more per ML of shampoo
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for TRIATOP
- Avoid direct contact of cream or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to ketoconazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for TRIATOP
Q.Is ketoconazole/Ketoconazole shampoo safe?
Yes, all medicines (products) containing ketoconazole are safe at the recommended dose, frequency, and duration
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream an antibiotic?
No, ketoconazole is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria. It is an antifungal agent
Q.What is ketoconazole/ketoconazole cream/Phytoral ointment used for?
Ketoconazole containing products such as creams and Phytoral ointments are used to treat fungal infections of the skin such as tinea corporis (ring worm), tinea cruris (fungal infections of the groin or buttocks), tinea pedis (fungal infection of the foot [athlete's foot]), tinea manus (fungal infection of the hand)
Q.Can ketoconazole topical cause/ prevent hair loss?
Yes, ketoconazole topical may rarely cause some hair loss. Ketoconazole topical does not prevent hair loss
Q.Can ketoconazole topical cause dry skin?
Yes, dry skin at the site of application is a common side effect of ketoconazole topical
Q.Can ketoconazole topical be used for conditions such as ring worms and psoriasis?
Ketoconazole topical is commonly used to treat fungal infections of skin such as ring worms. Psoriasis is not a fungal skin infection and use of ketoconazole is not warranted to treat this condition
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream a steroid?
No, ketoconazole is not a steroid. It is an antifungal agent
Q.Does ketoconazole block Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)?
Ketoconazole has the ability to block the synthesis of all steroids produced by the adrenal gland, including the male sex hormone dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone synthesis from the testes is also blocked
Q.Does ketoconazole expire?
Yes, medicines containing ketoconazole have an expiry date. Read the information given on the package for accurate expiry date.