Medicine Overview of Triamaderm Ointment
Uses of Triamaderm Ointment
Triamaderm Ointment is used in the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Side effects of Triamaderm Ointment
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Triamaderm Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Triamaderm Ointment works
Triamaderm ointment is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
In Depth Information on Triamaderm Ointment
Expert advice for Triamaderm Ointment
- Avoid direct contact of the ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, increased pressure in the eye or cataract.
- Avoid applying ointment to large area of the skin, broken skin or under certain dressing especially in children.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear protective clothing while using triamcinolone ointment, as it may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to triamcinolone, other corticosteroids, chlortetracycline, other tetracyclines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from tuberculosis, fungal, or viral lesions of the skin (herpes simplex, vaccinia and varicella), and primary bacterial infections, e.g. impetigo (a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow crusty sores) pyoderma (any skin disease with pus), furunculosis (infection of hair follicles), in acne vulgaris rosacea, perioral dermatitis (a condition characterized by is a facial rash on the face causing bumps to develop round the mouth) and widespread plaque psoriasis (A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches).
Special precautions for Triamaderm Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Triamaderm Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Triamaderm Ointment is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Triamaderm Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Triamad+more
erm Ointment in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Triamaderm Ointment should be used with caution in patients+more
with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Triamaderm Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Triamaderm 0.1% w/w Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone Topical
Q. Is Triamaderm an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triamaderm is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It belongs to class of medications called as corticosteroids
Q. Is Triamaderm the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are the names of Triamaderm available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Triamaderm safe for babies?
No. Triamaderm is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does Triamaderm cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Triamaderm is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.
User Submitted Feedback For Triamaderm Ointment
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Triamaderm Ointment. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Triamaderm Ointment
Triamacort 0.1% Ointment
Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹9.8/gm of Ointment
Trioplast Oral Paste
Icpa Health Products Ltd
₹13.4/gm of Paste
Tess 0.1% Ointment
Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹13.64/gm of Ointment
Triora 0.1% w/w Ointment
Unimarck Healthcare Ltd
₹10.4/gm of Ointment