food interaction for TRENTAL
alcohol interaction for TRENTAL
pregnancy interaction for TRENTAL
lactation interaction for TRENTAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRENTAL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TRENTALNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for TRENTAL
- Do not use pentoxifylline if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to pentoxifylline or any other ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not use pentoxifylline if you have serious heart problems, if you had a stroke with bleeding in brain; or if you had bleeding in the eye.
- Patients taking pentoxifylline are advised to exercise caution while driving or operating machines.
- Do not stand up and raise from the bed quickly as it may cause dizziness.
Frequently asked questions for TRENTAL
Q.Is pentoxifylline a blood thinner/ an anticoagulant/ a narcotic/ an antibiotic?
Pentoxifylline is not an anticoagulant or an antibiotic or a narcotic. Pentoxifylline is vasodilator (dilates blood vessels) and improves blood flow
Q.Is pentoxifylline safe?
Pentoxifylline is safe at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is pentoxifylline over the counter?
No. Pentoxifylline belongs to the schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q.Does pentoxifylline work for Peyronie's disease?
Yes, pentoxifylline can be used for Peyronie's disease
Q.How does pentoxifylline work in alcoholic hepatitis?
Pentoxifylline may improve short-term survival in chronic alcoholic hepatitis
Q.Does pentoxifylline cause weight gain?
Pentoxifylline may cause weight gain but this is very rare side effect.