food interaction for TRAXOL S
alcohol interaction for TRAXOL S
pregnancy interaction for TRAXOL S
lactation interaction for TRAXOL S
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRAXOL S
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TRAXOL S
- MONOCEF SB 1000 MG/500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 139/injectionRs. 139pay 456% more per injection
- MILIBACT 1000MG/500MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.25/ML of injectionRs. 142.50save 43% more per ML of injection
- OFRAMAX FORTE 1000 MG/500 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13.90/ML of injectionRs. 139save 44% more per ML of injection
- EFFIMAX S 1000MG/500MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.89/ML of injectionRs. 108.90save 56% more per ML of injection
- BIG TUM 1000MG/500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 124.54/injectionRs. 124.54pay 398% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for TRAXOL S
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or into a muscle. It is made up by the doctor, or nurse using water for injections or a suitable infusion fluid.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftriaxone.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. This includes medicines you can obtain without a prescription.
- Do not start or continue the ceftriaxone and consult your doctor if you have a liver or kidney disease.
- Do not take this drug and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for TRAXOL S
Q.Is ceftriaxone a form of penicillin drug?
No, ceftriaxone is not a penicillin drug
Q.Is it bactericidal or bacteristatic?
It is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is bactericidal drug
Q.Is ceftriaxone safe in liver disease?
Yes, ceftriaxone is safe in liver disease. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q.Is ceftriaxone compatible with potassium or potassium chloride?
Yes, ceftriaxone is compatible with potassium or potassium chloride when taken together
Q.Is ceftriaxone the same as cephalexin, Monocef-o, Monocef 200, Monocef tablet, Cefakind, or Cefakind 250?
No, all are different cephalosporin antibiotics. Monocef-o, Monocef 200, or Monocef tablet contain cefpodoxmine, and Cefakind, or Cefakind 250 contain cefuroxime
Q.What organisms does ceftriaxone cover?
Ceftriaxone is active against pseudomonas, staphylococcus, and klebsiella bacteria. It has no activity against chlamydia, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), and mycoplasma.
Q.Is sulbactam a sulfa (sulfonamide) drug?
Sulbactam does not contain sulfa. It is a semisynthetic beta lactamase Inhibitor
Q.What is sulbactam sodium?
Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor used as the sodium salt to increase the antibacterial activity of penicillins
Q.Is sulbactam safe?
Sulbactam is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.