food interaction for TRAVAXO
alcohol interaction for TRAVAXO
pregnancy interaction for TRAVAXO
lactation interaction for TRAVAXO
No relation with food but take it at a consistent time daily with respect to food.
Generally safe to take with alcohol
Weigh benefit versus risk during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unknown. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRAVAXOTravoprost(0.004%)
Travaxo 0.004% eye drops is used in the treatment of open angle glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems) and ocular hypertension (presence of elevated intraocular pressure in the absence of damage to nerve supplying the eye or loss of vision) in adults and in children.
How it works
Travaxo 0.004% eye drops belongs to a class of medications called prostaglandin analogue. It acts by increasing the flow of natural eye fluids out of the eye, thus reducing the pressure inside the eyes.
Common side effects
Increased sensitivity to light, Abnormal hair texture, Abnormal outward turning of the lower eyelid, Asthma, Blurred vision, Cataract, Crusting in eyelids, Darkening of skin around the eyes, Discoloration of the eyelashes, Dizziness, Eye itching, Dry eye, Shortness of breath, Eye discharge, Eye discomfort, Eye swelling, Eye pain, Eye ulcer, Eyelid itching, Eyelid redness, Growth of extra row of eyelashes, Headache, Altered heart rate, Increased production of tears, Increased hair growth, Eyelid swelling, Nasal congestion, Eye redness, Throat irritation, Tired eyes, Visual impairment
SUBSTITUTES for TRAVAXO
- LUPITROS EYE DROP(3 ML eye drop in packet)Lupin LtdRs. 66/ML of eye dropRs. 198save 58% more per ML of eye drop
- TRAVOZYM 0.004% EYE DROPS(1 ML eye drop in packet)Zydus CadilaRs. 535/ML of eye dropRs. 535pay 239% more per ML of eye drop
Top General Physicians
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for TRAVAXO
- Do not start or continue travoprost if you are allergic to travoprost or any other ingredients.
- Avoid using travoprost if you are pregnant and lactating women.
- Do not take travoprost if you are about have or had undergone eye surgery (including cataract surgery) or have had the lens in the removed.
- Do not take travoprost if you suffering from eye problems such as eye pain, irritation or inflammation, blurred vision; inflammation of inner parts of the eye; viral infection of the eye caused by the herpes simplex virus; or dry eyes.
- Take special precautions while taking travoprost if you wear contact lenses.
- Travoprost can cause transient blurring of vision and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery.
Frequently asked questions for TRAVAXO
Q. Is travoprost same as latanoprost?
Travoprost and latanoprost belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q. Is travoprost a steroid?
No, travoprost belongs to a class of drugs called as prostaglandin analogues.
Q. What is travoprost ophthalmic solution used for?
Travoprost ophthalmic solution is used for treatment of open angle glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems) and ocular hypertension (presence of elevated intraocular pressure in the absence of damage to nerve supplying the eye or loss of vision ) in adults and in children.
Q. How does travoprost ophthalmic solution work?
Travoprost acts by increasing the flow of natural eye fluids out of the eye, thus reducing the pressure inside the eyes.