Medicine Overview of Tosti Gel
Uses of Tosti Gel
Tosti Gel is used in the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Side effects of Tosti Gel
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Tosti Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Tosti Gel works
Tosti gel is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
In Depth Information on Tosti Gel
Expert advice for Tosti Gel
- Avoid direct contact of the ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, increased pressure in the eye or cataract.
- Avoid applying ointment to large area of the skin, broken skin or under certain dressing especially in children.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear protective clothing while using triamcinolone ointment, as it may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to triamcinolone, other corticosteroids, chlortetracycline, other tetracyclines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from tuberculosis, fungal, or viral lesions of the skin (herpes simplex, vaccinia and varicella), and primary bacterial infections, e.g. impetigo (a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow crusty sores) pyoderma (any skin disease with pus), furunculosis (infection of hair follicles), in acne vulgaris rosacea, perioral dermatitis (a condition characterized by is a facial rash on the face causing bumps to develop round the mouth) and widespread plaque psoriasis (A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches).
Special precautions for Tosti Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tosti Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tosti Gel is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited+more
human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Tosti Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Tosti G+more
el in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Tosti Gel should be used with caution in patients with liver+more
disease. Dose adjustment of Tosti Gel may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Tosti 0.1% w/w Gel
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone Topical
Q. Is Tosti an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Tosti is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It belongs to class of medications called as corticosteroids
Q. Is Tosti the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are the names of Tosti available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Tosti safe for babies?
No. Tosti is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does Tosti cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Tosti is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.
User Submitted Feedback For Tosti 0.1% w/w Gel
Patients taking Tosti Gel
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Oral lichen planus
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Tosti Gel. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Tosti
No substitutes found for this medicine