Medicine Overview of Toritz Injection
Side effects of Toritz Injection
Headache, Weakness, Edema, Infection, Hair loss, Itching, Chills, Febrile neutropenia, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Infusion reaction.
How to use Toritz Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Toritz Injection works
Toritz 100mg Injection is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to receptors on cancer cells. Thus it flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Toritz Injection
Expert advice for Toritz Injection
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any severe skin and mouth reactions: painful sores or ulcers on the skin, lips, or mouth; blisters; rash; or peeling skin.
- Use rituximab with extreme caution in children and elderly.
- Rituximab may cause a serious viral infection of the brain or progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy that can lead to disability or death. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any change in your mental state, decreased vision, or problems with speech or walking.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: hepatitis infection (rituximab could be fatal in such cases), any other infection such as (herpes, shingles, cytomegalovirus, etc.), systemic lupus erythematosus, heart problems (such as angina, palpitations or heart failure), lung disease or breathing problems, taken medicines which affect your immune system (such as chemotherapy or immune-suppressive medicines) or used certain arthritis medicines.
- You may be asked to stop taking medicines for high blood pressure 12 hours before you receive rituximab as it may cause a fall in the blood pressure.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury as rituximab may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood.
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment with rituximab to monitor your condition or check for side effects.
- Do not receive live vaccine (such as measles, mumps, rubella and others) while using rituximab, and avoid contact with anyone who has recently received a live vaccine as there are chances that the virus could be passed on to you.
- Use effective method of contraception while using and after 12 months after your last treatment with rituximab.
Toritz Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Toritz Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Toritz 100mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Toritz 100mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Toritz 100mg Injection alters the ab+more
ility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Toritz 100mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Toritz 100mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Toritz 100mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Toritz 100mg Injection is not recommended in patients with the active liver disease or those who had viral hepatitis as it can reactivate the infection....
Use of Toritz 100mg Injection is not recommended in patients with the active liver disease or those who had viral hepatitis as it can reactivate the infection.
If you miss a dose of Rituximab, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Toritz Injection
Frequently asked questions about Rituximab
Toritz works in most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration
Toritz is a FDA approved drug.
Q. Is Toritz considered chemotherapy/ a vesicant/ immunotherapy/ a biologic/ cytotoxic/ dialyzable/ cause cancer?
Toritz is a biological immunotherapy which is used along with chemotherapy to treat certain cancers. It has not shown to have any vesicant or irritant properties. It can be classified as a cytotoxic since it destroys B cells
Q. Is Toritz safe/ carcinogenic to humans/ cause low blood counts/ cause hair loss/ cause weight gain/ make you tired/ affect fertility/ cause neutropenia/cause fatigue?
Toritz is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. As with most anti-cancer drugs, it may have certain side effects such as it can cause low blood counts, hair loss, weight gain or loss, cause fatigue and feeling of tiredness, affect fertility, cause neutropenia. Always consult your doctor before taking this medication
User Submitted Feedback For Toritz 100mg Injection
What are you using this medicine for?
Blood cancer (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia)
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Toritz 100mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Toritz 100mg Injection: NNH, RHL, JVN, RSS, ZVP, LHA, MSD, OHM, RHW, WSI, PTI, IPL, FGH, HGI, GBL, SSA, SBA, MAK, SVH, BBS, GTC, MAX, BTM, SJP, PNT, RJH, MMS, SAT, DPP, RSA, SHP, OIP, BIO, MOM, BMJ, PPR, SHM, ARD, NDP, SBL, SCH, OLT, BSN, SAF, KHH, HBV, SWA, DYG, HMP, RUS, DFP, STA, NVY, DDR, EMB, ATP, ADT, GTK, AYU, AGT, WLC, AAY, CLT, UMP, TRP, OWP, DPL, DLP, LCC, GNC, NVL, AMR, JIV, SDM, JMJ, INC, HIP, RPP, AVN, JVO, BDN, AAR, NWP, MLC, HRV, GPT, USF, ATL, EQN, ENP, PEN, IAD, HAT, DHR, SHD, RKS, MAM, MPC, PLT, HEX, 9T9, PVP
Substitutes for Toritz Injection
Rituxirel 100mg Injection
Reliance Life Sciences
₹77.08/mg of Injection
Maball 100mg Injection
Hetero Drugs Ltd
₹599/ml of Injection
Mabtas N 100mg Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹738.94/ml of Injection
Cytomab 100mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Lupiximab 100mg Injection