food interaction for TORFIX
alcohol interaction for TORFIX
pregnancy interaction for TORFIX
lactation interaction for TORFIX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TORFIX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TORFIX 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking TORFIX 400 MG TABLET
- 80%Twice A Day
- 10%Thrice A Day
- 5%Alternate Day
- 5%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TORFIX
- RIFAGUT 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 25/tabletRs. 250pay 5% more per tablet
- RCIFAX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 25.80/tabletRs. 258pay 9% more per tablet
- SIBOFIX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 28.30/tabletRs. 283pay 19% more per tablet
- RIXMIN 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 24.85/tabletRs. 248.50pay 5% more per tablet
- RAFLE 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 26.94/tabletRs. 269.35pay 14% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for TORFIX
- liver disease
- diarrhea with a fever
- watery or bloody diarrhea
Frequently asked questions for TORFIX
Q.Is rifaximin an antibiotic/ is rifaximin FDA approved for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)/help in IBS?
Yes, rifaximin (also available as Rifagut) is an antibiotic. It is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of IBS
Q.Is rifaximin the same as rifampin?
Rifaximin is a structural analog of rifampin
Q.Is rifagut an antibiotic?
Rifagut is a brand name for rifaximin. Yes, it is an antibiotic
Q.Can I take xifaxan with amoxicillin/ibuprofen?
Xifaxan is the brand name for rifaximin and can be taken with ibuprofen, but not with amoxicillin, as it is antibiotic. If taken with other antibiotics, rifaximin causes diarrhea
Q.Does rifaximin cause diarrhea/gas/constipation?
It may rarely cause these side effects
Q.Does rifaximin kill parasites/yeast?
It is antibiotic and doesn't kill parasites and yeast.