food interaction for TOPCLOX
alcohol interaction for TOPCLOX
pregnancy interaction for TOPCLOX
lactation interaction for TOPCLOX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TOPCLOX
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TOPCLOX
- AMPILOX 250 MG/250 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 6.60/capsuleRs. 66pay 111% more per capsule
- BROADICLOX NOVO 250MG/250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.10/capsuleRs. 51pay 63% more per capsule
- BAXIN D 250MG/250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 5.95/capsuleRs. 59.50pay 90% more per capsule
- AMCLOX 250 MG/250 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Walter BushnellRs. 6.90/capsuleRs. 69.02pay 121% more per capsule
- AMPOXID 250 MG/250 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.75/capsuleRs. 27.47save 12% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for TOPCLOX
- Do not take ampicillin with food or milk.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ampicillin, penicillin, cephalosporin, any other antibiotic of this class or any other ingredient of suspension/capsule.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you suffer from liver problems ar diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for TOPCLOX
Q.Is ampicillin/Megapen a prodrug?
No, ampicillin is not a prodrug
Q.Is ampicillin and amoxicillin the same?
Ampicillin and amoxicillin belongs to the same group of penicillin antibiotics, but differ slightly in their uses
Q.Is ampicillin a cephalosporin?
Ampicillin is not a cephalosporin
Q.Is ampicillin light-sensitive?
Yes, ampicillin is light sensitive it should be kept away from sunlight
Q.Can I take ampicillin for strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, chlamydial and bacterial vaginitis?
Ampicillin can be used to treat strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, bacterial vaginitis
Q.Does ampicillin cover anaerobes, listeria?
Ampicillin is used for infections caused by anaerobes and listeria. It is not typically used to treat chlamydia
Q.Can I take ampicillin with Advil (ibuprofen), Tylenol (paracetamol) and Benadryl?
Ampicillin can be taken with paracetamol and Benadryl. Ampicillin when taken with ibuprofen may increase the effects of either drug.
Q.Is dicloxacillin a penicillin, tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic?
Dicloxacillin belongs to class of medicines called penicillin antibiotics. Dicloxacillin is not a tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic
Q.Does it contain sulfa?
It does not contain sulfa
Q.Is dicloxacillin used to treat sexually transmitted disease, strep throat, and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Dicloxacillin can be used to treat strep throat. It is not approved to treat sexually transmitted diseases and is not active against MRSA
Q.Is dicloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Dicloxacillin and amoxicillin belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, dicloxacillin is resistant to beta-lactamase producing organism, while amoxicillin is susceptible to degradation by beta-lactamase producing organism
Q.Can I take dicloxacillin with Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, and Tums?
Dicloxacillin can be taken with Tylenol, Benadryl and Tums. Dicloxacillin when taken with Advil (ibuprofen) may increase the effects of either dicloxacillin or ibuprofen
Q.Does dicloxacillin decrease milk supply?
Generally, dicloxacillin does not decrease milk secretion
Q.Does dicloxacillin cause heartburn?
It may cause heartburn.