food interaction for TOFOCOM
alcohol interaction for TOFOCOM
pregnancy interaction for TOFOCOM
lactation interaction for TOFOCOM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TOFOCOM
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TOFOCOM
- TENVIR EM TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 73.33/tabletRs. 2200pay 12% more per tablet
- TENOF EM TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 51.33/tabletRs. 1540save 22% more per tablet
- RICOVIR EM 200 MG/300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 65.08/tabletRs. 1952.37save 1% more per tablet
- TRUVADA 200 MG/300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 83.67/tabletRs. 2510pay 27% more per tablet
- TENTIDE EM TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 66.67/tabletRs. 2000pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TOFOCOM
- Do not take emtricitabine capsule/oral solution, if you are allergic to emtricitabine or any other ingredient of capsule/oral solution.
- Stop taking emtricitabine, if you suffer from deep or rapid breathing, drowsiness, nausea (urge to vomit), vomiting and stomach pain.
- Do not take emtricitabine, if you have kidney or liver problems; if you are overweight or have diabetes, high cholesterol.
Frequently asked questions FOR TOFOCOM
Q. What class is emtricitabine?
Emtricitabine and tenofovir belongs to class of antiretroviral medicines
Q. What is emtricitabine and tenofovir?
Emtricitabine and tenofovir used for treatment of HIV infection
Q. What is emtricitabine used for?
Emtricitabine is used in combination with other medicines to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
Q. How does emtricitabine work?
Emtricitabine works by inhibiting the enzyme for DNA synthesis (nucleoside reverse transcriptase) thereby lowering the growth and decrease the amount of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in body
Q. Why emtricitabine is called FTC?
FTC is the short form assigned to emtricitabine for common referral term.
Q. Is tenofovir a NRTI?
Yes. Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs)
Q. What is tenofovir/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate used for/ What does tenofovir treat?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections. It may also be used in very limited cases of long-term infections of liver caused by hepatitis B virus
Q. Is Viraday safe/ effective?
Viraday is a trade name for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. It is safe and effective if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is viraday the same as atripla?
Yes. Viraday and atripla are trade names for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. They are used in the treatment of HIV
Q. How does tenofovir work?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). By the virtue of its structure that closely resembles the natural structure of viral DNA, tenofovir incorporates itself into the viral DNA. By doing so, it blocks the activity of an important viral enzyme reverse transcriptase which is involved in the replication of viral DNA, a process essential for survival of the virus
Q. Does tenofovir cause hair loss?
Hair loss is not a known side effect of tenofovir
Q. Does tenofovir cause lipodystrophy?
Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly
Q. How does tenofovir cause renal toxicity/renal failure?
Tenofovir is predominantly excreted by the kidneys. The part of kidneys involved in its excretion is called the proximal tubule. Studies indicate that tenofovir accumulation in the proximal tubule due to interaction with other drugs (eg. ritonavir) or prolonged use is responsible for kidney damage (renal toxicity). The kidney damage may then progress to kidney failure
Q. Does tenofovir cure hepatitis B/ Is viraday effective/does viraday work?
Yes. Viraday is effective against human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and some cases of hepatitis B. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.