Medicine Overview of Tobamist Respules
Nausea, Noisy breathing, Oral fungal infection, Rash, Thoracic pain, Chest pain, Chest tightness, Shortness of breath, Cough, Dizziness, Dry eye, Gastric pain, Fungal infection, Headache, Hearing loss, Coughing up blood, Liver toxicity, Hoarseness of voice, Increased saliva production, Loss of appetite, Mouth ulcer, Tongue ulcer, Ringing in ear, Sore throat, Weakness, Increased sputum production.
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Twist off the top of the respule/transpule and squeeze all the liquid into the nebulizer. It should be used right away after opening.
Tobamist 300mg respules 5ml is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Tobamist Respules
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml should be used with caution in p
atients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Tobamis
t 300mg Respules 5ml in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tacloran 1mg Capsule, Tenof 300mg Tablet, Tacsant 0.5mg Capsule, Lasix 40mg/4ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Tobamist 300mg Respules
Q. Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA
Q. Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn't be given to infants
Q. Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
User Submitted Feedback For Tobamist 300mg Respules
Patients taking Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml What were the side-effects while using this medicine? How do you take this medicine? How much was the improvement? Please rate this medicine on price? What are you using this medicine for?
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Tobamist 300mg Respules 5ml: GNC, MPC, HEX, DYG, MMS, SJP, HGI, OIP, DFP, BLP, EQN, EMB, 9T9, JIV, SHP, IPL, ZVP, ATL, SWA, LHA, AGT, USF, SBL, PSP, DEL, PTS, RPP, FGH, OHM, ADT, NWP, PLT, OLT, AAY, GTK, DLP, JMJ, GPT, BTM, RUS, NDP, AAR, PNT, SAT, SSA, AYU, PEN, MAX, OWP, HIP, ATP, RSS, STA, BIO, KHH, NVL, MAK, DDR, HBV, DPP, LCC, SBA, RJH, WSI, BSN, SHM, MOM, RKS, GTC