food interaction for TOBACIN
alcohol interaction for TOBACIN
pregnancy interaction for TOBACIN
lactation interaction for TOBACIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TOBACIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TOBACIN
- TOCIN 80MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 32.89/ML of injectionRs. 65.78save 21% more per ML of injection
- TOBRANEG 80MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Elder Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 36/ML of injectionRs. 72save 14% more per ML of injection
- TOBRA 80MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Nectar Remedies LtdRs. 33.69/ML of injectionRs. 67.37save 19% more per ML of injection
- TOBRANEG 80MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt LtdRs. 34.29/ML of injectionRs. 68.58save 18% more per ML of injection
- TOBAKING 80MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LimitedRs. 25/ML of injectionRs. 50save 40% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for TOBACIN
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Frequently asked questions for TOBACIN
Q.Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis
Q.Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA
Q.Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn't be given to infants
Q.Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q.Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.