food interaction for TIOMIST
alcohol interaction for TIOMIST
pregnancy interaction for TIOMIST
lactation interaction for TIOMIST
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TIOMIST
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR TIOMIST 9MCG INHALER
Patients taking TIOMIST 9MCG INHALER
- 77%Once A Day
- 16%Twice A Day
- 6%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR TIOMIST
- TIATE 9 MCG INHALER(1 GM inhaler in packet)Lupin LtdRs. 408/GM of inhalerRs. 408pay 17889% more per GM of inhaler
- TIOVA CFC 9 MCG INHALER(200 MDI inhaler in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 2.27/MDI of inhalerRs. 453.60same price
- AEROTROP 9MCG INHALER(1 inhaler in packet)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 429/inhalerRs. 429pay 18815% more per inhaler
Expert advice FOR TIOMIST
- Talk to your doctor if you suffer from increased eyeball pressure (glaucoma), prostate problems, have difficulty passing urine or suffer from kidney diseases.
- Do not use tiotropium to treat a sudden attack of breathlessness in asthma or COPD.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions such as rash, swelling and breathlessness after administration of tiotropium.
- Do not allow the inhalation powder from capsule to enter your eye as this may worsen narrow angle glaucoma causing eye pain, blurred vision, seeing halos around lights, reddening of eyes etc.
Frequently asked questions FOR TIOMIST
Q. Is tiotropium a steroid, an opiate, anticholinergic or narcotic?
Tiotropium is anticholinergic drug which opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, thereby relieving breathlessness. It doesn't contain steroid, opiate or narcotic components
Q. Is tiotropium the same as ipratropium?
Tiotropium is not same as ipratropium
Q. Is tiotropium generic?
However, they belong to the same class, have the same mechanism of action, and act similarly to relieve breathlessness. Tiotropium is available in generic form
Q. Does tiotropium cause weight gain?
Tiotropium is not known to cause weight gain
Q. Is tiotropium LABA/LAMA?
Tiotropium is not a long acting beta agonist (LABA). It is a long acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) which acts on muscarinic receptors on the smooth muscles of airways, opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, thereby relieving breathlessness.