Medicine Overview of TIMOLET DROP
Uses of TIMOLET DROP
Timolet gfs drop is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
Side effects of TIMOLET DROP
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes.
How to use TIMOLET DROP
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a marked dropper and take it as directed. It is better to take Timolet gfs drop with food.
How TIMOLET DROP works
Timolet gfs drop works by lowering the pressure in the eye(s), thereby preventing gradual loss of vision.
In Depth Information on TIMOLET DROP
Expert advice for TIMOLET DROP
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to timolol or other beta-blockers or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not start or continue timolol, if you are taking any other medication for high blood pressure or heart condition or other beta blockers.
- Avoid taking timolol, if you have asthma or other respiratory disease that causes breathing problems (eg. chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.).
- Do not start or continue timolol, if your have diabetes, thyroid disorder, liver or kidney dysfunction or ulcers, pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal glands that leads to persistent or episodic high blood pressure).
- Avoid taking timolol, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machines, as timolol may cause dizziness or tiredness.
Special precautions for TIMOLET GFS DROP
Timolol and alcohol may have additive effects in lowering yo+more
ur blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Timolet gfs drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
GLI 2MG TABLET, CYBLEX 60MG XR TABLET, CYBLEX 30MG TABLET XR, VOZUCA 0.2MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for TIMOLET 0.5% DROP
Frequently asked questions for Timolol
Q. Is timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q. Is timolol preservative free?
The timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q. Is timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing timolol
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q. Does timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.
User Submitted Feedback For TIMOLET 0.5% DROP
Patients taking TIMOLET GFS DROP
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day