food interaction for TILSTIGMIN
alcohol interaction for TILSTIGMIN
pregnancy interaction for TILSTIGMIN
lactation interaction for TILSTIGMIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TILSTIGMIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TILSTIGMIN
- NEOTROY 0.5MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.34/ML of injectionRs. 21.70save 39% more per ML of injection
- NEOMINE 0.5MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 7.96/ML of injectionRs. 7.96pay 12% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for TILSTIGMIN
- You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time in case of a surgery.
- Use neostigmine with caution if you have epilepsy, bronchial asthma, bradycardia, recent coronary occlusion, vagotonia, hyperthyroidism, cardiac arrhythmias, peptic ulcer.
- Avoid taking large doses of neostigmine in situations where there might be an increased absorption rate from the intestinal tract. Use with caution when neostigmine is given along with anticholinergic drugs because of decreased GI motility.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as neostigmine can cause blurred vision or impaired thinking.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking neostigmine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take precautions while taking neostigmine as over dosage of neostigmine can cause extreme muscle weakness.
Frequently asked questions for TILSTIGMIN
Q.Is neostigmine an anticholinesterase/ anticholinergic/agonist/ cholinesterase inhibitor/ neurotransmitter?
Neostigmine is an anticholinesterase. But, it is not an anticholinergic, agonist, cholinesterase inhibitor or a neurotransmitter
Q.Does neostigmine cause nausea?
Yes, neostigmine causes mild nausea
Q.Does neostigmine reverse rocuronium/ reverse succinylcholine / inhibit pseudocholinesterase / cause histamine release?
Yes, Neostigmine causes reversal of rocuronium/ succinyl choline and inhibits pseudocholinesterease. It also causes histamine release.