food interaction for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
alcohol interaction for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
lactation interaction for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk.
SALT INFORMATION for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
- THYRONORM 50 MCG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.96/tabletRs. 95.55pay 212% more per tablet
- ELTROXIN 50MCG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.70/tabletRs. 69.64pay 128% more per tablet
- THYROX - 50 TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.96/tabletRs. 95.55pay 212% more per tablet
- THYROUP 50 TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 0.95/tabletRs. 95.50pay 212% more per tablet
- THYROFIT 50 MCG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 0.96/tabletRs. 28.66pay 212% more per tablet
- Dr. Khalid J. FarooquiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Jasjeet Singh WasirMBBS, MD
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sfurti MannMBBS, MD, Diploma
Expert advice for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
- Food prevents proper absorption of the drug. Take thyroxine on an empty stomach half an hour before breakfast. Keep a gap of 4 hours between thyroxine and antiacids, calcium or iron supplements and mulltivitamins.
- Take special precaution and consult your doctor: If you suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure or have had a heart attack, or condition that affects your adrenal glands, If you are over 50 years of age and have a long standing history of hypothyroidism.
- An electrocardiogram (ECG; test to measure the electrical activity of heart) is advised before starting treatment with levothyroxine, as changes induced by hypothyroidism may be confused with changes that occur due to decreased blood flow to heart (ischemia).
Frequently asked questions for THYROXINE SODIUM 50MCG TABLET
Q.What is thyroxine?
Thyroxine is a hormone that is secreted by the follicular cells of thyroid gland
Q.Is it an amine/ peptide or steroid hormone?
Thyroxine is derived by iodination of tyrosine (amino acid) after biochemical synthesis. Thyroxine is neither a steroid nor amine nor peptide
Q.Is eltroxin/thyronorm/synthroid same?
Yes. Eltroxin, thyronorm and synthroid contain levothyroxine sodium as main ingredient
Q.Is eltroxin gluten free and still available?
Yes. Eltroxin is gluten free and available in India
Q.Is thyronorm better than eltroxin?
No. Both the drug contain same active ingredient i.e. levothyroxine sodium
Q.Is eltroxin used for hyperthyroidism?
No. It is not used for the treatment of hyperthyroidism. On the contrary, it is used for hypothyroidism
Q.Is eltroxin dangerous?
No. Eltroxin is not dangerous but check with your doctor, if you observe any symptoms of possible side effects
Q.Is thyronorm T3 or T4?
Thyronorm is a synthetic version of the thyroid gland hormone-Thyroxine (T4)
Q.Is thyroxine water soluble or hydrophobic?
Thyroxine is also insoluble in water (hydrophobic) and lipophilic in nature.