Medicine Overview of Thyonorm Tablet
Uses of Thyonorm Tablet
Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypothyroidism and myxedema coma.
Side effects of Thyonorm Tablet
Anxiety, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Palpitations, Nervousness, Weight loss, Tremor.
How to use Thyonorm Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Thyonorm Tablet works
Thyonorm 50mcg tablet is similar in structure to the hormone naturally produced by the thyroid gland. It works by replacing the thyroid hormones that your thyroid gland cannot produce and relieves the symptoms of hypothyroidism ( tiredness, weight gain, and depression).
In Depth Information on Thyonorm Tablet
Expert advice for Thyonorm Tablet
- Thyonorm must be taken on an empty stomach. No food, milk, or tea should be taken 1 hour before and 2 hours after taking this medicine.
- You may have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks to get the full effect.
- Your doctor may ask you to continue it lifelong. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- Dose adjustments are usually needed when starting the medicine and when your health changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart disease. You may require a lesser dose of the medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you get diarrhoea, nervousness, rapid pulse, insomnia, tremors, or chest pain could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
Special precautions for Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet.
Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet is safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk....
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk.
Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Huma+more
n studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
It is not known whether Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Thyonor+more
m 50mcg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Imalek 400mg Tablet, Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Evafem 2mg Tablet, Chemotinib 400mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Levothyroxine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Thyonorm 50mcg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Levothyroxine
Q. Is levothyroxine sodium gluten free?
Yes, levothyroxine sodium is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is levothyroxine sodium same as levothyroxine?
Yes, they both are synthetic form of thyroxine hormone
Q. Is levothyroxine sodium the same as Synthroid?
Yes, Synthroid is trade name of the active medicine levothyroxine sodium
Q. Is levothyroxine sodium a steroid or addictive?
Levothyroxine is neither a steroid nor addictive in nature; it is a synthetic form of thyroxine hormone
Q. Is levothyroxine sodium safe?
Levothyroxine sodium is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is levothyroxine sodium t3 or t4?
Levothyroxine is a synthetic version of the thyroid gland hormone-Thyroxine (T4)
Q. What is levothyroxine sodium used to treat?
Levothyroxine sodium is used to treat hypothyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone.