food interaction for THYOBUILD
alcohol interaction for THYOBUILD
pregnancy interaction for THYOBUILD
lactation interaction for THYOBUILD
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk.
SALT INFORMATION for THYOBUILD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for THYOBUILD
- SUNTHYROID 100 MCG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Akumentis Healthcare LtdRs. 24.75/tabletRs. 99pay 1898% more per tablet
- THYROMED 100 MCG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Comed Chemicals LtdRs. 1.27/tabletRs. 126.90pay 2% more per tablet
- NOVOROID 100 MCG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Emenox HealthcareRs. 1.24/tabletRs. 123.90same price
- THYROBEST 100 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 1.09/tabletRs. 10.95save 12% more per tablet
- THORMONE 100MCG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 1.30/tabletRs. 130pay 5% more per tablet
- Dr. Khalid J. FarooquiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sujeet JhaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for THYOBUILD
- Take special precaution if you suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure or have had a heart attack, or condition that affects your adrenal glands; or if you are over 50 years of age and have a long standing history of hypothyroidism.
- An electrocardiogram (ECG; test to measure the electrical activity of heart) is advised before starting treatment with levothyroxine, as changes induced by hypothyroidism may be confused with changes that occur due to decreased blood flow to heart (ischemia).
- Levothyroxine is to be taken in the morning on an empty stomach, at least half an hour before the first meal of the day.
- If your scheduled dose is skipped or missed, take it as soon as you remember if it is within 2 to 3 hours. If the time lapse is longer, skip the missed dose and continue with the next dose at the usual time.
Frequently asked questions for THYOBUILD
Q.Is levothyroxine sodium gluten free?
Yes, levothyroxine sodium is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is levothyroxine sodium same as levothyroxine?
Yes, they both are synthetic form of thyroxine hormone
Q.Is levothyroxine sodium the same as Synthroid?
Yes, Synthroid is trade name of the active medicine levothyroxine sodium
Q.Is levothyroxine sodium a steroid or addictive?
Levothyroxine is neither a steroid nor addictive in nature; it is a synthetic form of thyroxine hormone
Q.Is levothyroxine sodium safe?
Levothyroxine sodium is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is levothyroxine sodium t3 or t4?
Levothyroxine is a synthetic version of the thyroid gland hormone-Thyroxine (T4)
Q.What is levothyroxine sodium used to treat?
Levothyroxine sodium is used to treat hypothyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone.