Medicine Overview of Thioz Injection
Uses of Thioz Injection
Thioz 1000mg Injection is used in Anesthesia.
Side effects of Thioz Injection
Drowsiness, Skin rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Vertigo.
How to use Thioz Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Thioz Injection works
Thioz 1000mg injection causes a reversible loss of consciousness allowing surgery to facilitate surgery without pain and distress.
In Depth Information on Thioz Injection
Expert advice for Thioz Injection
- Take special care if you have heart disease, circulatory problems, anemia, increased pressure in brain, muscle weakness or degeneration, thyroid problems, asthma, burns, shock.
- Do not drive or operate machinery especially during the first 24 to 36 hours after the injection as thiopental cause drowsiness and disorientation.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking other medications that cause drowsiness (eg, sedatives, tranquilizers) while taking thiopental as it may lead to serious side effects.
- Ensure that you practice additional pregnancy control methods as thiopental may decrease the effectiveness of the birth control pills.
- Use thiopental with caution if you are an elderly patient, as you may be more sensitive to its effects, especially drowsiness, depression, or confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Thioz 1000mg Injection
Thioz 1000mg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Thioz 1000mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Thioz 1000mg Injection should be used with caution during la+more
ctation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Thioz 1000mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Thioz 1000mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Thioz 1000mg Injection is recommended.+more
Caution to be advised in patients with severe impaired renal function....
Caution to be advised in patients with severe impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Aprecap 125mg Capsule, Betaone 50mg Tablet XL, Betaone XL 25mg Tablet, Starcad-Beta 50mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Thioz 1000mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Thiopental Sodium
Q. How does sodium thiopental work as a truth serum?
Sodium thiopental alters certain functions in the brain to make the person incapable of lying and he/she may speak only the truth.
Substitutes for Thioz
No substitutes found for this medicine