Medicine Overview of THIOTAL INJECTION
Uses of THIOTAL INJECTION
Thiotal 500mg injection is used in anesthesia.
Side effects of THIOTAL INJECTION
Drowsiness, Skin rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Vertigo.
How to use THIOTAL INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How THIOTAL INJECTION works
Thiotal 500mg injection causes a reversible loss of consciousness allowing surgery to facilitate surgery without pain and distress.
In Depth Information on THIOTAL INJECTION
Expert advice for THIOTAL INJECTION
- Take special care if you have heart disease, circulatory problems, anemia, increased pressure in brain, muscle weakness or degeneration, thyroid problems, asthma, burns, shock.
- Do not drive or operate machinery especially during the first 24 to 36 hours after the injection as thiopental cause drowsiness and disorientation.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking other medications that cause drowsiness (eg, sedatives, tranquilizers) while taking thiopental as it may lead to serious side effects.
- Ensure that you practice additional pregnancy control methods as thiopental may decrease the effectiveness of the birth control pills.
- Use thiopental with caution if you are an elderly patient, as you may be more sensitive to its effects, especially drowsiness, depression, or confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for THIOTAL 500MG INJECTION
Thiotal 500mg injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Thiotal 500mg injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
APRECAP 125MG CAPSULE, BETAONE XL 50MG TABLET, STARCAD-BETA 50MG TABLET, SUPERMET 50MG TABLET XL
Frequently asked questions for THIOTAL 500MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Thiopental Sodium
Q. How does sodium thiopental work as a truth serum?
Sodium thiopental alters certain functions in the brain to make the person incapable of lying and he/she may speak only the truth.