food interaction for TETRACIN
alcohol interaction for TETRACIN
pregnancy interaction for TETRACIN
lactation interaction for TETRACIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TETRACIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TETRACINNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for TETRACIN
- Always take oxytetracycline 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals as food and some dairy products may interfere with drug absorption.
- If you are taking oxytetracycline for long-term, you may need periodic laboratory evaluation of organ systems such as blood tests, kidney and liver function tests.
- Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient or have renal or hepatic impairment, myasthenia gravis (abnormal, progressive weakness of muscles), and systemic lupus erythematosus (auto immune disease in which immune system attacks its own organs)
Frequently asked questions for TETRACIN
Q.Is oxytetracycline is same as tetracycline?
No, both the drugs are different
Q.Can I take oxytetracycline for cystitis/tonsillitis/gum infection?
Oxytetracycline can be taken for cystitis and gum infection but not in case of tonsillitis. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does oxytetracycline cause weight gain?
No, it doesn't cause weight gain. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q.Does oxytetracycline affect the contraceptive implant?
No, oxytetracycline doesn't affect contraceptive implants.