Medicine Overview of Tenepan Tablet
Uses of Tenepan Tablet
Tenepan 20mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Tenepan Tablet
Headache, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis.
How to use Tenepan Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Tenepan 20mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Tenepan Tablet works
Tenepan 20mg tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
In Depth Information on Tenepan Tablet
Expert advice for Tenepan Tablet
- If you experience stomach pain, nausea or vomiting, stop taking Tenepan and inform your doctor immediately.
- Tenepan can cause acute pancreatitis (swelling of your pancreas) which can be life threatening. If you experience stomach pain, nausea or vomiting, stop taking Teneligliptin and inform your doctor immediately.
- Tenepan is a well tolerated and safe anti-diabetic drug and does not cause very low blood sugar levels and weight gain.
- Take Tenepan with water at any time of the day with or without food. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- You would be at an increased risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when insulin and sulfonylureas are also given along with, a dose adjustment may be needed. Do not change the dose yourself.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Tenepan can increase the risk of acute pancreatitis (swelling of your pancreas) which can be life threatening. Tell your doctor if you have a history of pancreatitis, gallstones, or alcohol intake.
- If you experience severe joint pain or allergic reactions (skin rash, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat which causes difficulty in breathing), stop taking the medicine and inform your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Tenepan 20mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Tenepan 20mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Animal or human data is not available....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Tenepan 20mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney d+more
isease. No dose adjustment of Tenepan 20mg Tablet is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decmax 4mg Tablet, Decamycin 4mg Injection, Pericort 4mg Tablet, Depo Medrol 40mg/ml Injection
If you miss a dose of Teneligliptin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Tenepan 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Teneligliptin
Q. Can I take Tenepan with metformin?
Yes, Tenepan can be taken with metformin. It is a good add-on treatment if the blood sugars are very high even after taking metformin. The risk of low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) is also very low with both the medicines. However, consult your doctor before taking them together as a dose adjustment may be needed.
Q. How is Tenepan different from Vildagliptin?
Tenepan and vildagliptin belong to the same class of drugs with a similar mechanism of action and efficacy to lower blood sugar and HbA1c levels. However, Tenepan is once a day medicine, safe to use and need no dose adjustment in patients with kidney disease while vildagliptin is used twice daily and needs dose adjustment in moderate to severe renal failure.
Yes, Tenepan does expire. Please check the expiry date written on the pack and it refers to the last day of that month. Do not use Tenepan after the expiry date.
Q. How is Tenepan similar to linagliptin?
Both Tenepan and linagliptin belong to the same class of drugs with a similar mechanism of action and efficacy to lower blood sugar levels and HbA1c. Both have a similar side effect profile and both are safe in patients with underlying kidney disease.
Tenepan is not a controlled substance. It is available when prescribed by a doctor.
Q. Is Tenepan better than sitagliptin and alogliptin?
Tenepan, sitagliptin, and alogliptin belong to the same class of drugs. They have a similar mechanism of action and efficacy to lower blood sugar levels and HbA1c. However, Tenepan is safe to use in patients with underlying kidney disease while a dose adjustment is needed in patients with moderate to severe renal failure with sitagliptin or alogliptin.
Tenepan is usually to be taken once a day with or without food. Take it preferably at the same time every day. Read the product label carefully before use and follow your doctor's advice.
Yes, you can take Tenepan with insulin. Using them together can lower the insulin dose and decrease the risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels).
Q. How is Tenepan different from glimepiride?
Both Tenepan and glimepiride are effective in lowering blood glucose levels, however, they work in different ways and have different side effect profile. Hypoglycemia and weight gain are common side effects of glimepiride while Tenepan causes hypoglycemia only when used along with insulins or sulfonylureas and it does not cause any weight gain. It commonly causes headache and nasopharyngitis.
User Submitted Feedback For Tenepan 20mg Tablet
Patients taking Tenepan 20mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Substitutes for Tenepan Tablet
Ecoglip T 20mg Tablet
Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Tenlimac 20mg Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Eliptin 20mg Tablet
HBC Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
Tenefit 20mg Tablet
Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Megagliptin 20mg Tablet
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd