food interaction for TENEBITE M
alcohol interaction for TENEBITE M
pregnancy interaction for TENEBITE M
lactation interaction for TENEBITE M
SALT INFORMATION for TENEBITE M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TENEBITE M 20MG/1000MG TABLET
Patients taking TENEBITE M 20MG/1000MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TENEBITE M
- GLIPIJUB M FORTE 1000MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jubilant Life SciencesRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142same price
- TENEPAN M 1000MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 12.23/tabletRs. 122.32save 14% more per tablet
- TOTAGLIPT M FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 10.90/tabletRs. 109save 23% more per tablet
- AFOGLIP M 1000MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.23/tabletRs. 122.32save 14% more per tablet
- TENEPURE M 1000MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.23/tabletRs. 122.30save 14% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for TENEBITE M
- Metformin is generally prescribed in newly-diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. Planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Metformin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Metformin should be stopped for at least 2 days after a surgery or a radiological test done using dyes.
- It is best to take Metformin after meals to minimize nausea, indigestion or diarrhea. Unlike some other diabetes medicines, Metformin doesn't cause any weight gain or lower blood sugar levels.
- This is the only oral diabetes medicine that lowers complications and deaths in conditions related to diabetes. Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
Delay or missing a scheduled meals or snacks.
Exercising more than usual.
Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
Using too much insulin.
Sickness ( vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
Frequently asked questions for TENEBITE M
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.