food interaction for TEMSAN AM
alcohol interaction for TEMSAN AM
pregnancy interaction for TEMSAN AM
lactation interaction for TEMSAN AM
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TEMSAN AM
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR TEMSAN AM 2.5MG TABLET
Patients taking TEMSAN AM 2.5MG TABLET
- 75%Once A Day
- 13%Twice A Week
- 13%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR TEMSAN AM
- NUMLO TM 40 MG/2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.95/tabletRs. 99.45pay 15% more per tablet
- ESPIN TM TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70save 19% more per tablet
- ESLO TEL 40MG/2.5MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 8.60/tabletRs. 129same price
- ASOMEX TM 40MG/2.5MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.95/tabletRs. 149.25pay 15% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TEMSAN AM
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR TEMSAN AM
Q. Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q. Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q. Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q. Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.